Search

Loading...

3.11.2014

Too Close to Two and a Half

Next month Emma Claire will be two and a half! HOW?! I feel like some days she is still very much a baby, while other days I hear "I do it MYSELF!" about 100 times and I am reminded that she is very much NOT a baby. Since I apparently decided to take a blog break I haven't gotten to write about Emma Claire's latest antics. I have been keeping notes on my phone of funny little things she does and says. Each day with her is an adventure and she keeps me laughing. 


Emma Claire 2 years 5 months

Eats: Her favorite food right now is macaroni and cheese. Healthy food wise she loves: apples, oranges, cucumber, tomatoes, grapes, strawberries, avocados, pineapple, yogurt, basically any fruit and very few veggies. Toddlers. Some other favorites are noodles, eggs with cheese, sausage, grilled chicken, she loves "tips" aka chips, PBJ sandwiches, popsicles, and of course ice cream.

Sleeps: Bedtime is usually around 8 these days. We try to start bath around 7:30, and then move straight into her room to rock and nurse...YES nurse ;-) we are still going. HA. She naps most days around 2 and it could be anywhere from 1 hour to 3.5. It just depends on how well she sleeps. A funny fact about miss Emma Claire, she HAS to go number 2 before nap time. HAS.TO. or she will only sleep for about 45 minutes. Most days she is done with her business before lunch but some days nap time is pushed back an hour or so just to make sure she is "ready" for nap. Oh toddlers. Such particular little people.

Wears: 2t clothing and size 6 shoes. I've started buying size 7 for spring BUT they seem huge. She's still in diapers, size 5. Potty training is coming, but we just aren't quite there yet. No rush.

Loves: Momma and Daddy, Dixie and Gracie, her "other family" Tis, Baba, and Dacie (aka our friends Chris, Bekah, and their daughter Gracie), anything with ranch on it, Tangled and all Disney princesses, dogs, babies, squirrels, the list goes on and on!

Hates: Going inside after playing outside, if the TV gets turned off (which has led to zero TV most days..a new development and another blog post), when she can't do something herself, having her hair washed.

Says: Oh what this girl says...her speech is getting more conversational each day and it just keeps us laughing. We are constantly saying "WHEN did she learn that?!" 

- She loves to tell people "I'm two in October" 
- Rapunzel= "Miss Punzel" to Emma Claire
- "Calm down, mommy!"
- "Hey! How that get here?"
- "It's not workin so far"
- The other day she almost fell and then said, "Daddy! I saved my life!" 
- "That make me so happy." and the flip side if you don't go along with her plans, "That make me SO upset!"
- "Ohhhh it's beeeeautiful!"
- "that's my favorite"
- "I DO IT MYSELF" I hear this one all day, every day.

I am loving these toddler days. Although, sometimes I want to press fast forward and not stop until bedtime. Most days I just want to hit pause and soak in this stage.

Classic EC face. 

She was convinced this was a "quuuurile" hole. If you don't speak "EC-enese" that's "squirrel hole" 

Sticks+dirt=good times for a toddler. 

Always on the go. 

"I hear somfin, momma!"

 So there you have it. A little update on our almost two and a half year old. I just love her to pieces and can't believe she's so big! 


3 comments:

Chelley N said...

Love that last photo! Priceless age!

Lyndsey said...

I LOVE the things our kiddos come up with! EC saying that hole is a squirrel hole sounds just like Liam insisting this afternoon that a tunnel he saw definitely has bats and spiders living inside. 100% convinced both live there without a doubt. They would have a blast exploring together! Also, I adore her outfit :)

Beth Ann said...

H says, "It's not workin'!" a lot, too! Haha. Funny kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...